By visiting the traditional Huron site ONHOÜA CHETEK8E, discover the beliefs and life habits of the Huron-Wendat people from yesterday to today. The guides welcome you to the territory by saying Kwe! (hello friend!). Along the trails, they explain the habits and customs of the Huron Nation.
Interpretation, animation, legends, dances and traditional songs on the program:
– Visit of the longhouse, the traditional Huron house
– Visit of the smokehouse and the meat dryer
– Sweat lodge
– Stop at the giant tee-pee
– Explanations on the way of life of the Indians of the different nations
– Presentation on the traditional means of transportation and on the making of canoes and snowshoes
– History of the exchanges between the Huron and the French in 1750
– Presentation on the current life of the Huron
The Huron Village tour was conducted on September 12, 2017.
Click on the picture to enlarge it and discover its caption.